A bench grinder is a tool that rotates some abrasive wheels at a very high speed intending to sharpen the dull tools. The bench grinder comes in handy due to its ability to operate on different tool types that other grinders will not. With this tool, it will be possible to sharpen your tools, remove rust, shape them, and even clean different items the grinders come in different sizes to cater for the different needs of the user. In most cases, bench grinders operate on electrical power which explains their effectiveness in executing their job.
When it comes to choosing the best bench grinders, most people often get confused. The reason for that confusion is that there are so many bench grinders that are available for sale today. It, therefore, requires the buyer to have the right knowledge before choosing the best model. In this post, we reviewed the top 10 best bench grinders available today. We also went ahead to make a list of the factors that you should consider when buying. What we, therefore, require of you is simply read through the post to choose your ideal bench grinder.
List of Best Bench Grinders in 2023
#10. Buffalo bull BGUL bench grinder
We begin this review with the powerful grinder from Buffalo that has a power rating of 120 volts and 1.5 APM. It also has a powerful ½ horsepower which rotates the grinding wheels at a speed of 3550RPM. Therefore, it is ideal for grinding and sharpening objects as well as for DIY projects.
Additionally, this model grinder features a 6 inch by 5/8 inch wheel size connected to a motor. Further on, this grinder comes with a coarse and medium grinding wheel to ensure you perform your task with ease. Moreover, the machine has a stand for safe mounting.
- It has a power rating of 120 volts and 1.5 amps
- Comes with two grinding wheels
- It has a fast speed of 3550 RPM
- Powerful 6 -inch wheel size
Reason to buy
- This model is ideal for home use and DIY projects .it is also available at a pocket-friendly price that can meet your budget. Moreover, it has a lightweight of 14 pounds that makes it portable.
#9. Central machinery bench grinder with a flex shaft
This is an electric power machine with a power rating of 120 volts which enables it to perform a wide range of grinding work. Additionally, it has a variable speed of up to 10,000 RPM and can be easily controlled. This feature allows you to use low RPM or high RPM to achieve the required results.
Another good feature of this tool is the 31’’ flex shaft. This does not only increase its precision but also adds to its utility hence you will be able to polish curved surfaces with ease. What’s more, the machine construction features ball bearing which even adds more to its efficiency.
- It has a high-speed variable up to 10,000 RPM
- The power rating of 120 volts
- It has a flex shaft 31’’ for high precision
- Ball-bearing construction
Reason to buy
- This model tool is of high quality made of steel and which will give you long service life. Besides, it is a high precision tool and has high mechanical efficiency.
#8. Palmgren 82602 bench grinder with dust collection
The Palmgren 82602 grinder has a powerful 1/3 horsepower motor that makes it a high-performance bench grinder. Besides, the power can rotate the grinding wheel at a maximum speed of 3450 RMP. These two features combine you are assured of getting a high efficient grinder.
Additionally, this tool features a 6-inch grinder wheel for diverse applications. Moreover, it has a ½ inch arbor hole that adds more to its utility. What’s more, you will appreciate that the machine is fitted with a dust collection tool and this to the safety and security of using the machine.
- It has a maximum speed of up to 3450 RPM
- Powerful 1/3 horsepower electric motor
- It has an arbor hole of ½ inch
- It has 6-inch size grinder wheel
Reason to buy
- This is probably the decent grinder tool you are looking for at a small budget. You will appreciate its high-performance tool with its entire feature combine to provide power for all you grinding task.
#7. Shop fox W1840 bench grinder with work light
The shop fox W1840 comes with a powerful ¾ horsepower motor that is enough for your grinding activities. Besides, it features 8-inch size dual grinding wheels that are made of aluminum-oxide for diverse applications. Additionally, it has a variable motor speed of up to 2000-3400RPM.
Another good thing about this grinder is that it comes with a work light for illuminating your workspace. Further on, it has an adjustable aluminum tool rest to ensure stability while working by accurate positioning. What’s more, the company offers a two-year warranty.
- Powerful ¾ horsepower motor
- Has a variable motor speed of up to 2000-3400 RPM
- It has two 8’’ grinding wheels made of aluminum
- Comes with work light for illuminating workspace.
Reason to buy
- This is likely the pack that is worth your money when it comes to quality. You will appreciate the long service of this tool with its guaranteed quality.
#6. Grizzly industrial T10010ANV bench grinder
This is another classic grinder model on this list that features ¼ horsepower motor with an input power of 120 volts. You will appreciate it’s a specialty of grinding wet surface in addition to the 220-grit grinding wheel for diverse applications. Besides, it has a water bath that keeps tools cool while sharpening.
Additionally, it has a maximum wheel speed of up to 110 RPM making versatile. Moreover, it comes with a 10’’ wheel size which is ideal for heavy-duty grinding work. What’s more, it has an arbor size 12 mm which adds to its utility.
- Has a ¼ horsepower motor with 120 volts power rating
- Comes with a water bath to keep tools cool while sharpening
- It has a 220-grit grinding wheel
- The wheel rotates at a speed of 110 RPM
Reason to buy
- This grinder has superior features that you will appreciate hence it is worthy to buy. Additionally, it has a very impressive cooling system that adds comfort while grinding.
#5. Metabo 8-inch Bench Grinder – 4.8 Amp
This is a very strong machine that will be perfect for industrial uses. The fact that it has low noise levels means that it will create low vibrations for convenience. Another great feature that people fall in love with is the fact that the induction motor is maintenance-free.
The model features a 1.25 HP motor that channels the power to the wheel that rotates at a speed of 3570 rotations per minute. It is this combination that makes this bench grinder a very high-performing tool. For this reason, you can rely on this bench grinder for your heavy-duty and commercial grinding needs.
- This is a sturdy machine meant for industrial uses
- It has low vibration and noise during operation
- Features a maintenance-free induction motor
- Protective cover bayonet for simple disc change
Reason to buy
- This grinder comes with a superior motor that makes it fit for the industrial applications. It works at very low noise levels and consequently makes fewer vibrations. You will also appreciate that it comes with protective covers for simple disc changes.
#4. Jet 578008 Industrial Bench Grinder
This bench grinder is made to withstand the high demands of the busiest shops. These are high-quality machines that sharpen, grind, and also smooth with equal precision to make sure that you get flawless results. Operating on a heavy-duty capacitor motor is one of the reasons why this product will be worth buying.
Another great feature that you will like about this bench grinder is that it comes with sealed bearings that make it free from maintenances. You will also appreciate that it comes with adjustable safety shields and a toggle switch that has a safety key.
- Heavy-duty capacitor motor
- Features a toggle switch with a safety key
- Comes in a heavy-duty construction
- Sealed bearings to guarantee maintenance-free grinding
Reason to buy
- One of the key features that you will fall in love with about these bench grinders is that they come with pre-drilled bases for simple mounting on the workbenches. Additionally, the bench grinder has met all the needed safety standards to guarantee its quality.
#3. Rikon Professional Bench Grinder for Sharpening with Rubber Feet
This is one of the leading bench grinders that you will get in the market today. It has adequate power that will easily get you through the home grinding projects. With a ½ HP motor, the bench grinder will be good enough for the demands of carpenters, turners, and other DIY projects.
To guarantee stability and sturdiness, this grinder comes with a cast iron base and some anti-vibration rubber feet. With these, you can rest assured of precise and very fast grinding processes. You will also appreciate that the grinder comes with safety eye shields as well as spark resistors to keep you safe all the time.
- Made with high-quality materials for durability
- Operates on a very powerful motor
- Arrives in a strong and safe design
- Comes with an adjustable safety shield & spark resistors
Reason to buy
- The bench grinder offers some moderate power that is going to meet your grinding needs. it has been made with a very firm base and rubber feet to make it very stable for precision and accuracy.
#2. DEWALT Bench Grinder (DW758)
This is an advanced bench grinder that combines its superior power and the advanced durability and protective features. You will appreciate that the grinder has ¾ horsepower motor that rotates the wheel at a speed of 3600 rotations very minute. In terms of speed, this is one of the best bench grinders.
Another feature that was put into consideration during the design of this tool is durability. You will realize that it accompanies an overload protection feature to maximize motor life. Additionally, it features a cast iron base and quality motor housing to extend its life.
- Overload protection to maximize motor life
- Made with quality materials for durability
- Features a tool-less adjustable guard
- The motor operates at 3600 rotations per minute
Reason to buy
- One of the features that you will appreciate about this motor is that it has a very powerful and fast motor. It also prides itself on large grinding wheels that make it ideal for heavy-duty tasks.
#1. WEN 4276 6″ Bench Grinder with a Flexible Work Light
We finally sum up this review with this bench grinder that will be ideal for anyone shopping at a budget. Even though its price is very affordable, you will appreciate that it has impressive features that will allow you to undertake your tasks very easily. Operating on a 120V motor, this grinder will be good sharpening the garden tools, knives, and mower blades.
The bench grinder does not weigh more than 16 pounds which means that setting it up will be hassle-free. You will also appreciate that it has a heavy-duty base that will lower the wobbling to make sure that you get flawless results. To guarantee accurate sharpening, the bench grinder features a bright and flexible light.
- Operates on a 2.1 amp motor
- Comes in a lightweight design
- Features a flexible working light
- Comes with a very sturdy base
Reason to buy
- This bench grinder prides itself on a very powerful motor that will make sure that you carry out your sharpening projects in a hassle-free manner. You will also appreciate that it comes with a light to illuminate the working area.
Bench Grinder Buyer’s Guide
- Speed: Looking at the models of bench grinders we have reviewed above, you can either choose the variable speed or the constant speed bench grinders. In case you will be using the bench grinder for your DIY tasks, a model with constant speed will be a good pick. A grinder that operates at a speed of 3000 RPM will be good for you. On the other hand, in case you are into professional grinding, it will be good to choose a model whose speed can be varied.
- Weight: This is yet another important consideration whenever you will be choosing the best bench grinder. From the review above, you can see that the models come at different weights. In most cases, the heavy bench grinders have extra features compared to the lighter ones. For instance, a heavier model will have a larger grinding wheel in comparison with the lighter options. You also need to note that a grinder’s weight can have some impact on the tool’s stability.
- Additional features: Other features come with these bench grinders that will enhance their safety and capacity. It is good to go for a model that puts user safety as a priority. Such models will come with adjustable spark guards as well as adjustable eye shields. Dust vents will also be important features to look for since they will always keep your working area clean. Finally, you should opt for grinders with rubber feet since they often guarantee stability.
Having reviewed the best bench grinders, we believe that you are in a good position to proceed with the purchase. As you can see from the buyer’s guide above, there are different factors that you will need to keep in mind when choosing the best bench grinder. Provided that you follow that guideline, getting the best bench grinder will be hassle-free. The good thing is that all the bench grinders reviewed in the post are all from reliable brands. All the same, make sure to make your comparison to guarantee that you choose the best model.