Cool air amid summer remains important as opposed to being a luxury. During this season, attic temperatures basically increase and can get up to 160 degrees. The issue is that once, the heat remains trapped into the attic, it is going to lead to some irreparable damages especially on the roof. If you are looking to prevent this from happening, you need to get the best attic fan. It is a piece of equipment that will greatly help to exhaust the hot air to equalize indoor temperatures.
Getting a quality attic fan will however be a hard task especially if you have never shopped for them before. A decent attic fan should be able to move too much air within the shortest period of time. To help you make a good decision, we came up with this comprehensive guide that has the top 10 best attic fans together with a buyer’s guide. By the end of this review, therefore, we highly believe that you will have gotten your right pick.
List Of Best Attic Fan Motors in 2023
#10. KEN BROWN 12″ Variable Shutter Fan For Garages & Shops
By: KEN BROWN
This is a 12” exhaust fan that is ideal for removing heat, dust, and moisture, or any other unpleasant odors. Given that it has a multi-purpose design, it can be used in the home attic, workshops, factories, and other areas. If you are therefore looking for a good industrial or commercial fan, this one will be the best.
Another great feature about this attic fan is that it features corrosion-resistant materials meaning that it will stand the test of time. What’s more, its automatic shutters will open and close as the fan operates. You will also appreciate that it has a speed controller meaning that it will be possible to customize your comfort.
- This is a multi-purpose attic fan
- Features automatic aluminum shutters
- It has a superior airflow transfer
- comes with a speed controller for convenience
Reason to buy
- This multi-purpose fan is made with corrosion-resistant materials meaning that it will stand the test of time. The maximum coverage area for this attic fan is 1800 cubic feet making it good for industrial applications.
#9. TPI Corporation CE14-DS Exhaust Fan, 14″ Diameter
This is a shutter-mounted exhaust fan that comes with three speeds that allow you to easily customize the airflow according to your needs. The motor is also permanently lubricated which makes it very effective to operate.
Another feature to appreciate about this fan is that it has self-closing shutters that will basically protect your fan from the rain whenever it is not in operation. With its three aluminum blades, you can be sure that the fan will supply a good flow of air.
- 3-speed fan for use in the exterior ventilation
- It comes with self-closing shutters to protect the fan
- Features 3 aluminum paddle blades
- It has a totally closed ball bearing motor
Reason to buy
- One of the features to appreciate about this attic fan is that it has been made in a sturdy construction to guarantee durability. It also comes with three-speed options allowing you to customize the comfort.
#8. JPOWER 12″ Exhaust Fan, Upgraded Version
This is a 12” exhaust fan that comes with automatic shutters that help to replace the AC unit. It also prides itself on a wide range of applications including garages, greenhouse shops, and chicken coops as well. The best thing about this fan is that it comes at a relatively affordable price.
Installing this exhaust fan is very easy now that it can be simply installed on a window opening or a wall opening. This is basically an industrial-grade shutter fan that will be ideal for ventilation and cooling needs. What’s more, it is made with rust-proof shutters to guarantee longevity.
- It features rust-proof aluminum shutters
- The fan plays both the roles of cooling and ventilation
- It has a wide range of applications including greenhouses and garages
- The fan can be easily added to the window opening
Reason to buy
- If you are looking for an affordable shutter fan to cool and ventilate your room, this is an ideal option. It is made with rust-proof materials meaning that it will stand the test of time.
#7. iLiving 24″ Wall-Mounted Fan with Variable Speed
If you are looking to lower your expensive cooling bills, this wall-mount cooling fan will be a good pick. You will appreciate that it has been designed to evacuate excess heat as well as moisture in order to prevent allergens. For this reason, this fan will keep your space cool and comfortable all-year-round.
This is perfect ventilation and cooling solution for all spaces in your homes. It mainly finds usage in garage sheds, attics, and many other areas. The fan is corrosion-resistant and comes with an enclosed motor that is thermally-protected for convenience.
- This fan will cut down your cooling costs
- The unit is small but very mighty
- Features weather-resistant shutters
- Variable speeds to customize the comfort
Reason to buy
- One of the aspects that make this attic fan unique is that it has a variable speed functionality allowing you to customize the airflow for comfort. Being made with shatter-resistant shutters, you can be sure that it will stand the test of time.
#6. iPower 12″ Shutter Exhaust Fan, Silver
The 12-inch exhaust fan comes with automatic shutters that will help to replace the AC unit. You will appreciate that the fan has a wide range of applications including cooling the garage, attic, and the greenhouse shops. The good thing is that the fan comes at a relatively affordable price.
Another feature to appreciate about this fan is that it will be very easy to install now that it can basically be added to the window opening. Additionally, it comes with a thermostat that will help to optimize the cooling. The industrial-grade shutter fan helps to solve any cooling and ventilation need.
- Made with rust-proof aluminum shutters
- It can solve all cooling and ventilation needs
- Features a thermostat that will optimize your cooling needs
- It has a wide range of applications
Reason to buy
- One of the aspects to appreciate about thus attic fan is that it has been made with rust-proof aluminum shutters to stand the test of time. It also prides itself on a versatile design meaning that it will stand the test of time.
#5. ECO-WORTHY Solar-Powered Attic Fan
This is a completely automatic attic fan that is normally powered via solar energy. It will not only be ideal for cooling your roofs but will also lower the load on the air conditioning system. Another great feature to appreciate about this fan is that it cuts the cooling costs with its low power expense.
With its in-built and rechargeable lithium battery, the fan will basically turn on as soon as the sun hits the solar panel. The fan prides itself on moving up to 11.6 cubic feet in just one minute to bring you some soothing comfort. What’s more, it has been made with quality materials so you can be sure that it will stand the test of time.
- Features a powerful and an in-built battery
- The fan is cost-saving and affordable too
- Made with quality stainless steel material for longevity
- It has a wide range of applications to protect the home
Reason to buy
- One of the aspects to appreciate about this attic fan is that it has a wide range of applications. it is basically an eco-friendly way of neutralizing moisture and driving out the heat.
#4. Air Vent 53315 Attic & Whole House Fans
By: Air Vent
If you are in need of a horizontally-mounted ventilator, this unit will be a very good option. The great attic fan has the ability to handle the high heat now that it has a very superior construction. This fan prides itself on a CFM rating of 1020 operating on a ½ HP motor that makes it good for most applications.
We have to say that this fan is energy efficient now that it only needs 3.2 amps and 180 watts power for it to operate. The blade for this fan is 14 inches which promise that it will be able to circulate the airflow very effectively. Since the fan blade is well-balanced, it will remove hot air very effectively.
- The blade of the fan is 14 inches
- It can operate maximally at 1500 square feet
- Backed with a warranty of 2 years
- It has been made with quality materials for durability
Reason to buy
- The maximum coverage area of this fan is 1500 square feet making it ideal for spaces where heavy heat is produced. With its superior construction, you can be sure that the attic fan will remain durable.
#3. Maxx Air Powerful Exhaust Fan (18 Inch)
By: Maxx Air
If you are looking for a good fan for industrial or commercial applications, this is a large and powerful exhauster to look up for. The fan features some exterior shutters that basically remain closed whenever the fan is in operation. You will also appreciate that the fan automatically opens once you have switched your fan on.
For those people who would want to remove bad odors and contaminants in your room, this fan will be a good choice. You will also appreciate that the attic fan comes with 18” blades to make sure that the hot air is evacuated properly. Owing to its quality galvanized steel construction, it will stand the test of time.
- The exhaust fan comes with a shutter
- This fan has been thermally-protected
- Made with galvanized steel to protect it from rusting
- Backed with a limited warranty of 1 year
Reason to buy
- This fan is known for its ability to evacuate different substances together with the heated air. For that reason, it will induce a healthy environment for garages, offices, and barns.
#2. Broan-NuTone 35316 Attic Ventilator, 1600 CFM
If you are looking to get a mounted fan to make your home comfortable amid winter, this will be the right pick. The attic fan has the ability to generate 120V power and prides itself on a maximum CFM rating of 1600 for soothing comfort. It will, therefore, push out the trapped air very effectively and draw in some cool air to regulate the temperature.
The maximum coverage range of this attic fan is 2280 square feet that makes it ideal for commercial applications. You will also appreciate that the fan runs at 3.9 amperes meaning that is an economic solution for cooling your home. With steel blades that are 14 inches in diameter, this is an ideal cooling solution.
- The unit is very easy to operate
- It is thermally-protected to guarantee durability
- Features 14” blades for efficiency
- This is a high-quality ventilator
Reason to buy
- This is a high-performance attic fan that comes with 14” steel blades for maximum air movement. What’s more, it comes with an in-built thermostat in order to thermally protect the fan.
#1. Cool Attic CX1500 Power Attic Ventilator
By: Cool Attic
You do not necessarily need to spend too much when purchasing an attic fan. This fan actually comes with amazing features and the good thing is that it comes at a very affordable price. It has a CFM rating of 1300 which means that the air exchange rate is basically very high.
Another feature to appreciate about this fan is that it is very easy to install. You can decide to mount the attic fan in your home’s gable or behind the louvers. The best part about this fan is that there will be no modifications needed on the roofline in order to accommodate this fan.
- This is a 1300 CFM ventilator fan
- It will mount very easily in the home’s gable
- The fan will help to reduce utility costs
- The fan blades are 14 inches for efficiency
Reason to buy
- This fan is made with galvanized steel which means that it will stand the test of time. It also comes with an automatic thermostat that will add to the energy efficiency. The thermostat will make sure that the fan only works when need be.
- Coverage area: Regardless of where fans are meant for, they will all operate within a specific space size. In this regard, an attic fan will work optimally when operating in a certain range. That, therefore, means that you should never install your fans to operate in too huge areas beyond its capabilities. Most attic fans operate within a range of 800 cubic feet. Before you, therefore, rush to get an attic fan, you need to have the size of your room in mind first.
- CFM rating: In simple terms, the CFM basically means cubic feet per minute and is a measurement unit that determines the fan’s ability to move air. The larger the area requiring cooling, the higher the CFM rating should be. Another aspect that will affect the fan’s CFM rating will be the climate conditions where the fan is going to be operating.
- Noise levels: Another important aspect that you ought to keep in mind will be the vibration noise level. It is sure that the attic fans serve a very important function of cooling your homes. All the same, some models can prove to be a bit noisy that can be an issue among some people. However, this will also depend on the placement of the fan. If the fan you will be buying will be used in the sleeping areas, it must have low noise levels.
One of the best investments that you can ever make will be the attic fans. The ventilation systems are ideal for keeping the home cool particularly amid the summer season. An ideal attic fan will help in drawing out heat that might have accumulated in your attic. All the same, these fans arrive in multiple designs where some are powered electrically and others rely upon the wind or the sun. With the availability of these many options, you might get overwhelmed when it comes to making a choice. It is for this reason why we made the compilation above for buyers. We also prepared a brief guide on the factors to consider when ordering these items. With all this information, you are ready to get the best attic fan.