Modern homes are equipped with many precious accessories, and programmable timers are no exception. Some models work indoors, others work outdoors and a few work both indoors and outdoors. After setting them well, they can turn off lights or on and activate different appliances. In addition to that, some are digital and automatic, whereas others are manual. The good thing about them is that they help save energy.
No matter the task you want to undertake, the programmable timers make work easier for you. However, there are many programmable timer models available in the market, but identifying the best is difficult. But here are a few factors to guide you through your decision making. Choose the one that meets your work requirements below.
List of Best Programmable Timers in 2023
#10. Baomain THC15A AC Programmable Switch Relay Time Timer
The Baomain programmable timer makes it simple to set all outdoor and indoor electric devices. These electric devices include hydroponic and light equipment. Furthermore, it saves energy and time. This is because you program the equipment to turn itself on when you need it only.
In addition to that, its dimensions measure 3.78 by 3.07 by 2.68 inches. Its rated voltage is 110V AC, and it has a contact capacity of 16A. For efficiency, it features a full-time range of 1Min to168Hours. Moreover, it is programmable 17 times a day or week. This timer has a 1.2V/40mA rechargeable internal battery. Uniquely it has an operating temperature of -10 to +40 C. In conclusion, its net weight is 120g.
- Dimensions measuring 78 by 3.07 by 2.68 inches
- It saves energy and time.
- The rated voltage is 110V AC to save energy.
- A full-time range of 1Min to168Hours for efficiency
- Net weight of 120g
- Operating temperature of -10 to +40 C
Reason to buy
- It is programmable 17 times a day or week. Also, it has a full-time range of 1Min to 168Hours. This ensures maximum precision.
#9. Nearpow 7-Day Cycle Plug-in Digital Programmable Timer Switch
The Nearpow programmable timer has a humanization design. To be precise, it has a large screen with a simple operation. This screen allows you to see the mode and number. For simple operation, a detailed manual has pictures to guide you on how to set the mode and time. Moreover, its streamlined design helps to offer a comfortable vision.
Since it has a multifunctional integration, you do not require purchasing other timers with single functions. Most importantly, it has the power-off protection and child lock function to ensure safety. In the same way, it has the ROHS, CE, and FCC certification for the safety of your office or home. It can control household electronics, including motors, water pumps, fans, TV, lamps, and lights, to save energy.
- A large screen for displaying the mode and number clearly
- It comes with a detailed manual to make operation simple
- Streamlined design helps to offer comfortable vision
- Power off protection and child lock function to ensure safety
- It controls household electronics to save energy
- Includes 19 Programmable Settings
Reason to buy
- This timer is safe for use. It has an outlet featuring the child lock function. Additionally, it has the power-off protection and ROHS, FCC, and CE certification.
#8. GE 7-Day Digital Programmable Power Strip Timer
Next on this list, we have the GE programmable timer. To begin with, it automates multiple devices or lights at home to keep your home secure. Even when you travel, your home will retain a lived-in appearance. Moreover, this timer is compatible with CFL, LED, halogen, and incandescent bulbs. This is because it is UL listed and rated for 120VAC/15A. Next, it is very efficient with a power strip having eight grounded outlets. Four outlets on its left schedule multiple devices because they are controlled. Otherwise, its right side features four outlets that are ON at all times to ensure continuous power.
Furthermore, you can program the four timer-controlled outlets with about eight ON/OFF programs, including the weekly cycles. The LR44 battery provides battery back up to allow you to store the settings when there is a power outage. Most importantly, it has Twist-to-Lock Covers for protecting the unused outlets from any foreign objects. Nevertheless, the combined load should not be more than 1800 watts or 15 amps.
- It has both manual and automatic modes
- Twist-to-Lock covers for protecting the unused outlets from any foreign objects
- Maximum of 1800 watts or 15 amps combined load
- Rated for 120VAC/15A
- Compatible with CFL, LED, halogen and incandescent bulbs
- Eight grounded outlets to make it efficient
- LR44 battery to provide battery back up
Reason to buy
- It accommodates more plug-in lighting. Then again, it is compatible with halogen and incandescent bulbs, LED, and CFL.
#7. NEARPOW Dual Digital Programmable Light Timer
This programmable timer from Nearpow has two independently-controlled outlets. Therefore, it can control many appliances at the same moment. The double grounded outlets make this tool similar to two single-outlet timers. Besides, it features about 18 ON/OFF programs. These help to turn off or on any electronic appliance. With a seven-day timer switch, you can make fifteen setting choices for the entire week.
Most importantly, it is easy to program with this programmable timer. This is because it has a flexible and convenient time setting for seconds, minutes, hours, or even a week. Remarkably, it features both the 12 and 24 hour systems for showing the AM/PM. Equally important, it features random mode. With this, your home will retain a lived-in appearance even if you are away. In addition to that, the child lock function helps to guard the saved programs. Finally, it has a 12-month warranty.
- Two independently-controlled outlets
- 18 ON/OFF programs for turning on or off any electrical appliance
- Seven-day timer switch for the entire week choices
- Easy to use with flexible and convenient time setting
- Features both the 12 and 24 hour systems for showing the AM/PM
- Has the random mode for safety
- A 12-month warranty
Reason to buy
- It features both the 12 and 24 hour systems. This allows it to show both the AM and PM. Further, it has a random mode.
#6. BN-LINK 7-Day In-Wall Programmable Timer Switch
Make your fans, lights, and other electrical appliances automated with the BN-LINK programmable timer. All you need to do is set the schedules and the leave. Then again, it is very convenient. This is because of the blue backlight for use in the dark rooms. Similarly, it has 18 on/off programs. Each of these programs has seven-day programming options. To ensure full control, press and hold to shift between the manual and automatic mode. Having a backup battery, your settings will remain even when there is a power outage.
To protect your home, you can use the random vacation mode. This makes your home appear ‘lived in’ even if you are away. Being ETL controlled and listed, this timer is quality and safe. Furthermore, it features an operating temperature ranging between -15°C (5°F) and +50°C (122°F). On the other hand, the operating temperature ranges between -20°C (-4°F) and 60°C (140°F).
- Features the vacation Mode for security when you are away
- Has both Auto and Manual Modes
- Includes a wall plate
- Storage temperature ranging between -20°C (-4°F) and 60°C (140°F)
- Operating temperature ranging between -15°C (5°F) and +50°C (122°F)
- Blue backlight for use in the dark rooms
- 18 on/off programs and seven –day programming options
- A backup battery included
- Compatible with SPDT
Reason to buy
- It has a blue backlight. With this, you can use it even in a dark room.
#5. TOGOAL 2 Packs 24/7 Programmable Digital Switch Timer
The Togoal programmable timer plugs into a grounded 120V receptacle. It also has 15 amps rated grounded receptacle. You can set the programs for every day of the week or select a few days. Since it automatically shuts down power and puts on appliances when required, it saves electricity consumption. As a result, it saves energy bills and extends the appliance’s life. In 7 days, you can set about twenty different ON/OFF programs. Uniquely, it comes with a manual override switch. This helps you skip the set programs when your schedule changes.
Additionally, it has an LCD. The built-in battery backup retains your programming even when there is a power outage. This saves you from the tiresome reprogramming task.
- Automatic power on and shut down to save power
- 15 amps rated grounded receptacle
- It comes with a manual override switch
- Has an LCD
- Built-in battery backup retains your programming
- Has countdown function and anti-theft random
Reason to buy
- It comes with a manual override switch. This helps you skip the set programs when your schedule changes
#4. FosPower 2 Pack 7-Day Programmable Light Electrical Outlets Timer
For a full Customizable Control, get the FosPower programmable timer. First and foremost, it can control your fixtures and lights the way you want. Advantageously, it is compatible with most decorations, electronics, and lights. Uniquely, it can control two fixtures simultaneously using its ten individual ON/OFF programs.
Never worry in case of a power outage. This timer has a built-in NiMH battery. With this battery, it can retain your settings for more than 100 hours without electric power. Moreover, the outlet light timer can help protect your property or home when you are away. Having a random function, it turns on the lights unexpectedly to scare away any burglar.
- Has the random function for security
- NiMH battery for use during a power outage
- Compatible with most decorations, electronics, and lights
- Ten individual ON/OFF programs
Reason to buy
- It has ten individual ON/OFF programs. Therefore, it can control two fixtures simultaneously.
#3. GE 24-Hour Plug-in Programmable Timer
The GE programmable timer allows you to set the lights to the desired ON/OFF times. This ensures that your home is safe. While you are away, it gives your home a lived-in look by automating the lights. Moreover, it is compatible with CFL, LED, halogen, and incandescent bulbs. Therefore, it supports many plugs in lighting appliances. Being versatile, it is not limited to lights only. It can work with portable fans, small appliances, coffee makers, and seasonal décor, among other devices. Nevertheless, the timer is designed for indoor use and has a rating of 125VAC/15A.
On top of that, its cycle runs all days minus reprogramming to save time and energy. Remarkably, it has 30 minutes intervals. So you will have 48 on/off options in one day. The override switch makes the device easy to use. Just slide its button to the Outlet on mode to power the device continuously.
- Gives your home a lived-in look by automating the lights when you leave
- Compatible with CFL, LED, halogen, and incandescent bulbs
- A rating of 125VAC/15A
- Works with portable fans, small appliances, coffee makers, and seasonal décor among other devices
- Designed for indoor use
- No reprogramming to save time and energy
- Has an override switch for easy usage
Reason to buy
- This is a versatile timer. This means that it is not limited to lights only. It works with portable fans, small appliances, coffee makers, and seasonal décor.
#2. Honeywell RPLS740B1008 Econoswitch 7-Day Light Programmable Switch Timer
Customizing your home using Honeywell programmable timer is a very simple task. It allows the lights in your home to turn either on or off automatically. As a result, it saves you energy and time. In one week, you can make seven on-off schedules, and it can be repeated daily or weekly. Furthermore, its straightforward and painless installation saves time. It blends well with sleek wall mounts. Advantageously, it provides a clear night view. This is because it has a backlit screen.
Uniquely, it has dual modes. The first one is automatic, and the second one is the manual mode. For versatility, it is compatible with CFL, LED, incandescent, fluorescent, and halogen lighting. This is ideal for both indoor and outdoor operation. Another advantage of this timer is that it controls multiple devices. These include motor-operated devices like the ceiling fans, pond pumps, bathroom fans, and pool pumps alongside home lighting. Furthermore, it has a rating of 1800Watts, ¾ HP on 120v.
- Seven on-off schedules in a week or day
- It blends well with sleek wall mounts for simple installation
- Clear night view with a backlit screen
- It is compatible with CFL, LED, incandescent, fluorescent, and halogen lighting
- A rating of 1800Watts, ¾ HP on 120v
- Has a both automatic and manual mode
Reason to buy
- It has dual modes. This programmable timer features both manual and automatic modes.
#1. BN-LINK FD60 U6 7-Day Digital Programmable Timer
Automate your home’s fans, lights, and appliances using the BN-LINK programmable timer. Simply turn on your schedules and leave. It is ideal for automating hydroponic gardens too. This increases convenience and encourages productive growth of the plants. With this timer, you can have eight on/off times in a day. For simple operation, it has an LCD digital display. The double outlet feature and the battery backup ensure that you retain the plug. Uniquely, its internal battery lasts three months without plugging into a source of electricity. This fast-charging timer takes 30 to 45 minutes. After you have charged it, push the reset button using the small pin to turn the display on.
Most importantly, the random vacation mode ensures your home remains secure when you are away. Equally important, it saves you money and energy by reducing electricity costs. Remarkably, it has a rating of 115V, 60 Hz, 15A/1725W. Being rigorously controlled and UL listed, it is safe.
- A rating of 115V, 60 Hz, 15A/1725W
- Has the vacation mode for security
- Have LCD digital display to make operation easier
- UL listed for safety and quality
- Eight on/off times in a day or minute
Reason to buy
- It has an internal battery that lasts three months without plugging into a source of electricity. Additionally, it charges faster within 30 -40 minutes.
Programmable Timer Buyer’s Guide
- Type: Always ensure you choose the right type of programmable timer from the multiple existent types. When you need a modern designed timer, choose the digital timers. This is because they are simple to install and set. For outdoor use, you need the photocells timers since they have a sunlight sensor.
- User-friendliness: The best programmable timer is simple to use or set up. If you need a quality timer, then ensure that it is made, bearing in mind user-friendliness. Many outlet timers available in the market are simple to use.
- Design: The best programmable timers need to be slim and compact. On the other hand, outdoor timers should be designed, bearing tougher conditions in mind. Ensure that it is constructed from quality materials, and it is safe.
After going through this review, it is now simple for you to find a valuable programmable timer that will be beneficial to you all through. You can rely on them since they are high functioning. Being accurate, you can leave your house satisfied and comfortable. Moreover, the multiple functions they have to save energy throughout the week. The most important thing is that they are simple to use.