When you will be testing and repairing the electrical components, the digital multimeter is a handy tool you will never want to miss. These devices combine different functionalities to measure different parameters. Due to its ability to diagnose and correct electrical faults, it finds applications in the garages, labs, as well as among the registered electricians.
When you head out to shop for these gadgets, you need to get the best for that job. It is only good for you to understand that these products have been made to serve various purposes. For that reason, therefore, you need to have a clear picture of what you intend to use the Multimeter for. Since there are different models of these devices, knowing what is ideal for you might be a little bit hard. With this review, however, all your needs have been catered to. Just keep reading the post till the end.
List of Best Digital Multimeters in 2023
No products found.
#10. Fluke 87V Digital Multimeter w/ Calibration Certificate
Once productivity is at its best and you happen to have urgent problems, this multimeter is going to be an ideal pick. It is known to deliver accuracy and the advanced troubleshooting needs that you yearn for. It is purposely made to handle the complicated signals even in the high altitude regions.
The Fluke multimeter has been made in the United States from a reputable brand. It also accompanies a lifetime warranty in case of any manufacturing defects. The good thing about this device is that it comes with an in-built thermometer to give it temperature measurement capabilities.
- Temperature measurement capabilities
- It comes in a safe and reliable design
- The product has been designed in the United States of America
- Backed with a lifetime warranty
Reason to buy
- Fluke is a trusted brand that has been in the industry since 1948 which will give you the confidence to purchase. It is known to give accurate results meaning that you can rely on it. The device also comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
#9. TACKLIFE Digital Multimeter, LED Intelligent Jack
To make this device much convenient for you to use, it features an LED intelligent indicator jack that tells you to select the jack that you need. For this reason, you do not have to worry about confusing the socket. The accuracy you get from this device makes it very stable and reliable to use.
This is a multi-functional meter that will be ideal for a wide range of applications. For instance, you will use it to measure resistance. Continuity test, temperature, and many other uses. Since it has been equipped with a large LCD display with a backlight, the device will turn out to be very easy to use.
- It comes with an LED intelligent jack
- This is a safe and high-accuracy Multimeter
- User-centered service and design
- It comes with a large LCD backlight for convenience
Reason to buy
- This device features a user-centered design with very low power consumption. Its multi-functional design will ensure that it suits a wide range of applications.
#8. Alloet AN8008 Digital Multimeter – Auto/Manual Ranges
On the eighth rank according to this review is the Alloet digital multimeter that is a true-RMS multimeter. With this device, it will be possible to display a maximum of 9999 counts to make sure that you get very accurate results.
Taking readings with this device will be something that you will enjoy doing now that it comes with a backlit display. It also prides itself on the automatic power-off design that helps to conserve the battery life. Additionally, it features a low voltage indication feature making it even more convenient to use.
- Comes with a backlit display
- A maximum display of up to 9999 counts
- Features the auto power-off functionality
- Polarity identification capabilities
Reason to buy
- This is among the few digital multimeters that will serve their designated purposes. It can display up to 9999 counts to make sure that the readings are very accurate.
#7. Borbede Digital Multimeter
This is an auto range digital device that will give a very stable performance, high precision, and reliability as well. It is ideal for measuring DC/AC voltages, resistance, and capacitance among other parameters. The digital multimeter has been made for those people shopping at a limited budget due to its affordable nature.
It also comes with a 9-volt battery-driven multitester and an LCD display that will allow you to take the readings with much ease. Among the applications of this device include the laboratories, factories, as well as among radio enthusiasts.
- It has stable performance and is therefore reliable
- Backed with a manufacturer’s warranty of one year
- High LCD display for a clear reading
- It comes at a very affordable price
Reason to buy
- This is a relatively affordable multitester that will come as a solution o your electrical troubleshooting problems. The manufacturer provides a warranty of one year on this product in case of any manufacturing defects.
#6. Klein Tools MM600 HVAC Digital Multimeter
This is an American manufacturer that has been in the industry for the last 160 years. With this device, it will be possible to measure to 1000C both in AC and DC. Other than voltage, this device will be ideal for testing diodes, capacitance and frequency as well.
Another thing about this device is that it has been made to withstand the daily wear and tear at the job sites. For convenience purposes, the device has been made with a low battery indicator to know when the device is about to run out of power. Even though the price is a bit high, you will get value for your money.
- Its battery is easily accessible
- Comes with a carrying pouch for convenience
- Features a low battery indicator
- Build to endure daily wear and tear
Reason to buy
- This is an accurate device that comes with a carrying pouch to make sure that you get the convenience you need when traveling. Other than its battery being easily accessible, you will learn that the device features a low battery indicator.
#5. LIUMY Oscilloscope Multimeter, HD Display w/ Backlight
One of the things that you will like about this device is that it has a very fast sampling speed. For this reason, you are going to improve the work efficiency with the device. Additionally, this device has a very powerful detection range being able to perform a wide range of tests.
This device comes with a dedicated chip and has a very basic operation not forgetting that it will never compromise its accuracy. Additionally, it comes with an LED backlight to make sure that you take the readings easily. The multipurpose design for this device, on the other hand, makes it ideal for use in factories, schools and in a family too.
- Faster sampling speed
- A powerful detection range
- Multi-purpose with a fuse protection functionality
- It is made to give more accurate readings
Reason to buy
- One of the things that you will like about this device is that it has a very powerful detection range. Its LED backlight design, on the other hand, will also make sure that you take the readings with ease.
#4. WeePro Vpro850L Digital Multimeter with a Backlit Display
This among the most versatile digital multimeters that you will get in the market today. It is ideal for both industrial and household uses as well. The device acts as a current tester, continuity detector among other troubleshooting needs. Since it has been lowly-priced, you will have all the reasons to get this device.
You do not need to worry about running out of power unknowingly since this device comes with a low battery indicator. For convenience reasons also, the device has been made with an LCD display so that you can take the readings with ease.
- This is a versatile digital Multimeter
- Features a backlit LCD display for easy reading
- Comes with an audible continuity detector
- Low battery indication feature
Reason to buy
- As far as the construction of this device is concerned, you will learn that it has been made with quality ABS material to stand the test of time. You also ought to buy with confidence now that it comes with excellent after-sales services.
#3. Extech Autoranging Mini Multimeter
The in-built and non-contact AC voltage detector makes use of a combination of the audible beeper together with an LED indicator. This will help you get alerted on the presence of voltage whenever it is placed near the live wires or switches.
Another thing that makes this device unique is that it comes with large digits making it easy to take readings even in the dark conditions. Additionally, the convenient auto-ranging operation will allow you to choose the right measurements that you need.
- It comes with a rubber holster to protect the meter
- AC voltage detector
- Max hold and data hold functionalities
- Comes with the auto power-off feature
Reason to buy
- The auto power-off functionality for this device helps to conserve the battery life for the gadget. It is also made with the rubber holster to protect the meter for durability.
#2. Fluke 115 Compact Digital Multimeter
This is a safety-rated device that you will want to purchase. It prides itself on large digits that will be easy to read now that it comes with an LED-backlit display. With this device, it will be possible to check the continuity, capacitance, and frequency as well.
The unique feature of this product is that it will be possible to find more problems in your electronics as compared to any other tool. Every design has been tested and proven to resist shock, humidity and other conditions. You should, therefore, purchase with confidence knowing that it will serve its purpose.
- The device has been safety-rated for convenience
- It offers accurate measurements only
- Comes with a large white LED backlight for easy reading
- The product is made from a reputable brand
Reason to buy
- Since this digital multimeter has been made from a reputable brand, it is clear that this device is worth purchasing. The LED-backlit display, on the other hand, will make sure that you take the readings very easily.
#1. Etekcity Digital Multimeter with Diode & Continuity Test, Red
Finally on this review is this digital multimeter that will be ideal for measuring both AC and DC voltage with a great sampling speed. You will also appreciate the ease with which you use this device since it is made with a backlit display for convenience. What’s more, the digits are large enough for the same reason.
Another great aspect of this device is that it comes with an overload protection feature. For this reason, therefore, you expect that you will get a longer service life from this gadget. With the in-built support also, you can rest assured that it will give you hands-free operation.
- It only gives accurate measurements
- Excellent after-sales services
- Comes with the safety protection feature
- With a large backlit LCD, it will be very easy to read
Reason to buy
- Safety is always a guarantee for this gadget now that it has a safety protection feature. It also comes with a backlit display to make sure that it is very easy to use.
Digital Multimeter Buying Guide
- Screen resolution: Resolution for a digital multimeter refers to the number of figures that the screen for that gadget can show. The higher the number of those figures, the high the accuracy for that device. Nowadays, it will be possible to select between the dot matrix and the LCDs. You must, therefore, insist to know the screen resolution of your device before proceeding to buy.
- Multimeter classification: Based on the type of work you are intending to do, you need a multimeter that is ideal for the job. Generally, a device that is made for the small electronic projects should not be used for the massive ones. For example, there are 4 different categories as far as multimeter classifications are concerned. They are classified into CAT I to CAT IV.
- Accuracy: This is another feature that you will want to keep in mind when doing the purchase. However, determining how accurate the digital multimeter will be can be daunting especially if you are shopping for the first time. Some brands have been known to offer the best accuracy and as we mentioned, you need to check at the resolution for instance in determining its accuracy. You need to opt for devices that have a +0.1 and -0.1.
Digital multimeters are very important devices for almost any home. They are important when you are looking to know where power problems lie in the household. The good thing about these products is that they are pretty easy to use, offer the best accuracy and are also safe to use. The problem, however, comes in determining the right tool for the job now that there are so many models available. It is for this reason why we came up with this review with the top picks available. We also laid out features to consider when buying so that you can know how to go about the purchase.