Hearing is important to every living thing. To make sure your hearing is not damaged, always stay in environments with safe sound levels. If you are always curious to know the noise level around your environment, a decibel meter is a unique device that will give you precise answers. Furthermore, if you work in a studio, construction site, road construction, or any noisy environment, having a decibel meter will be of great help. With the many products in the market, it can be a bit hard to choose the best one.
In the guide below, we have the best decibel meters that can be used in any environment.
List of 10 Best Decibel Meters in 2023
No products found.
#10. READ Instruments Sound Level Meter
By: REED Instruments Store
This is one of the reliable and functional sound level meter that will provide you with accurate measurements. It has a sleek look and the handheld design makes it simple to carry, and it won’t take much space for storage. Furthermore, it is a high-precision meter that measures within 1.4 decibels so that you can have an idea of how loud your environment is.
It comes with a battery, windshield ball, and a sturdy case that makes it simple to carry and store anywhere you want. The meter features a 1/2” electret microphone that provides maximum accuracy and long-lasting stability. In addition, it makes dual-range measurements and has a frequency range: 31.5Hz to 8kHz.
- It has a large LCD display with backlit
- Features a sleek look and handheld design
- Measures within 1.4 decibels
- Comes with a battery and sturdy carrying case
- Features a 1/2″ electret microphone for maximum accuracy
- It has a frequency range of 31.5Hz to 8kHz
Overall, reading measurements will be easy because of the integrated LCD display and it always provides high accuracy measurements.
#9. Digital Sound Level Meter
This is a simple to use decibel meter that helps you set the value backlit alarm, disable automatic function, and sound level tester measures the noise level continuously. It has a large LCD backlit screen that records max/min value reading on the screen, auto/manual power off, and data hold function. Furthermore, the LCD display has a backlit that will help you read measurements, even in low light environments.
The sound level meter has a measuring range of 30-130 decibels, ±1.5dB measuring accuracy, 31.5-5-8KHz frequency response, and ±0.1dB accuracy. It has a warning sign that will always alarm when the sound exceeds the set measurable range. Moreover, it is a lightweight and compact meter that is simple to operate and you can fit it in your handbag.
- It has a large LCD backlit screen
- Has a measuring range of 30-130 decibels
- It has a 31.5-5-8KHz frequency response
- Lightweight and compact to enhance
- Comes with a wind-resistant sponge ball
Our sound level meter can be used in a car, factory, transportation, audio system office, construction site, school, and many more areas.
#8. Galaxy Audio Sound Monitor
By: Galaxy Audio Store
This is a lightweight sound monitor that is compact enough to take anywhere you want. It is designed to detect sound levels accurately so that you can protect your hearing. Moreover, it is a slim and stylish device that runs on 2AA batteries.
It has 4 sound ranges and it can detect dBA and dBC frequencies, meaning you will always get accurate readings. The sound monitor has a good frequency range that ranges between 125Hz to 8KHz. Our sound level monitor has a bright display that will show you all the measurements with ease.
- It is a lightweight and compact sound monitor
- Detects sound level precisely in any environment
- Has a slim and stylish design
- It is run by 2AA batteries
- Detects dBA and dBC frequencies
- Has a frequency range of 125Hz to 8KHz
- Features a bright display for showing measurements
Well, this device will do the job perfectly at a good price and most customers like it because it can be used in many environments.
#7. Digital Handheld Sound Level Meter
By: Pyle Store
It is a good sound meter that can be used in many fields from industrial settings, music recording, speech therapy, and many more areas. The sound meter has all the needed features by users to help you make accurate measurements in all environments.
The sound meter has a backlit display that helps you know the dB levels recorded by the device. Our device has a measuring range of 60 to 130dBA and it has an automatic power-off function that saves the battery life. Moreover, the battery is reliable enough to give you up to 30 hours of continuous operation.
- It runs on a 9V battery
- Measures all it’s readings in dBA
- Features a large backlit display
- Has a measuring range of 60 to 130dBA
- Equipped with an automatic power-off function
- Battery gives up to 30 hours of continuous operation
If you want to invest in this decibel meter, you will be investing in a high-precision device that is simple to use and its portable design will give you the flexibility to use it anywhere.
#6. Professional Decibel Meter
By: Gain Express
This is a professional device that is compact and lightweight enough to carry wherever you go to ensure the environment around you is safe. It is designed to give you accurate measurements in different ranges. Our device is designed to read 30dB~130dB and it captures data to any PC using the included compatible software.
It can be used in workplaces, sound level analysis of engines, law enforcement, and environmental measurement. Our device has a large and bright LCD display that shows you all the measurements taken.
- It has a frequency response of 31.5~8.5KHz
- Lightweight and compact
- Gives accurate measurements
- Has a measurement range of 30dB~130dB
- Features a large and bright LCD display
The good thing about this decibel meter is that it has a beeping alarm that alerts you when the noise is getting too loud and it is one of the precise devices you can rely on.
#5. Extech Digital Sound Level Meter
Whether you are handling workplace machinery or installing alarm systems, having this sound level meter is crucial. It has an accuracy of 2dB and a resolution of 0.1dB. The device has an auto power-off function that shuts it down when idle to save on battery power. It has a fast recording analog bar graph and it measures 40 to 130dB.
This device a large display that shows you all the taken data and you can even use it in low light environments. Our lightweight meter has a compact size that will fit in your hand well and you can use it anywhere you go.
- Features an accuracy of 2dB and a resolution of 0.1dB
- Equipped with an auto power-off function
- Has an analog bar graph and has a measuring range of 40 to 130dB
- Features a large and bright LCD display
- It is a compact and lightweight meter
Well, our sound level meter has a user-friendly design that helps you take your measurements hassle-free and it easily mounts on a tripod for hands-free reading.
#4. Decibel Meter, TACKLIFE Sound Level Meter
By: TACKLIFE Store
Our sound level meter is equipped with dual modes that are designed to meet different sound measuring needs. The fast-response mode is suitable for steady-state noise while the slow-response mode is perfect for noise with large fluctuations. All the results are well displayed on a digital LCD screen that is simple to read even in low light conditions.
It has an overload warning that shows you when it reads less than 30dB or when more than 130dB, and it automatically shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity to save battery power. The device has a frequency range of 31.5 to 8Khz, 0.1 dB resolution, and an accuracy of ±1.5dB. In addition, it comes with a 9V battery with a low power indicator and a simple user manual that will make your operation simple.
- It is equipped with dual modes for different needs
- Displays results on a digital LCD screen
- Features an overload warning
- Designed to shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity
- Comes with a 9V battery and a simple user manual
Overall, our meter will help you make accurate measurements in different environments, such as workshops, factories, schools, home, audio, construction sites, and many more areas.
#3. Decibel Meter, Meterk Digital Sound Level Meter
Our device has a measurement range of 30-130dBA, a resolution of 0.1dB, and an accuracy of ±1.5dB. The device has an alarm system that will always beep when the standard measurement level is exceeded. It is a lightweight and simple to carry device that can be used in different environments.
You can mount it on a tripod to allow hands-free operation and the large LCD display allows you to make accurate measurements, even at night. It is programmed to shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity to save battery power.
- Boasts a measurement range of 30-130dBA
- Has a resolution of 0.1dB and an accuracy of ±1.5dB
- It is lightweight and hassle-free to carry
- Features a large and bright LCD display
- Programmed to shut off after 10 minutes of inactivity
Well, the good thing about this device is that it has a tester that records min/max sound decibels around any given range and freezes the current time readings. This will help you make accurate measurements every time.
#2. RISEPRO Decibel Meter
This decibel meter has a bright LCD display with a backlit feature that helps you make accurate measurements even in the dark. It comes with a reliable carrying pouch that gives you the flexibility to carry it anywhere.
Our device has a measuring range of 30 to 130 decibels and a frequency range of 31.5 to 4Khz. It an ideal tool for checking or controlling the sound level of any environment. The device has a fast time response of 0.5 seconds, which makes it efficient to use.
- Boasts a bright LCD display with a backlit feature
- Comes with a reliable carrying pouch
- Has a measuring range of 30 to 130 decibels
- Features a frequency range of 31.5 to 4Khz
- It has a fast response of 0.5 seconds
- Designed to work in a wide range of environments
Overall, if you are on a budget, RISEPRO decibel measure will be a good model to purchase and it has all the features you need to make accurate measurements.
#1. BAFX Products – Decibel Meter
By: Bafx Products
This is a simple to use decibel meter that helps you set the value backlit alarm and the sound level tester measures the noise level continuously. It has a large LCD backlit screen that records max/min value reading on the screen and auto/manual power off. Furthermore, the LCD display has a backlit that will help you read measurements, even in low light environments.
The sound level meter has a measuring range of 30-130dB and ±1.5dB measuring accuracy. It has a warning sign that will always alarm when the sound exceeds the set measurable range. Our decibel meter is designed to shut off after 10 minutes of inactivity, helping to save battery power. Moreover, it is a lightweight and compact meter that is simple to operate and you can fit it in your handbag.
- Boasts an LCD display with a backlit feature
- Measures in both dBA and dBC frequencies
- Has a measuring range of 30-130dB and ±1.5dB measuring accuracy
- Shuts off after 10 minutes of inactivity
- It is lightweight and simple to use
- Requires 4AAA batteries to operate efficiently
The unique thing about this device is measures in both dBA and dBC frequencies, helping you make precise readings in different environments.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Decibel Meter
The features of decibel meters are necessary for anyone looking for a quality model. However, others are a matter of choice. Below are some of the important considerations you should keep in mind before buying a decibel meter.
- Decibel Range: Research done recently shows that a decibel level of 85 can be dangerous. If you are exposed to such a high level for long periods, the chances of initiating hear loss are high. Therefore, always consider environments with a sound level lower than 80. The decibel meter you choose should have a wide range of noise level detection range. At least it should be 100dB.
- Portability: Everyone wants to buy a portable model that they can take anywhere. If you live or work in a noisy environment, go for a model that can be mounted to support hands-free operation. A handheld device will be best because you can fit it in your pocket or bag.
- Accuracy: Decibel meters are programmed to detect sounds as low as 30 decibels to maximum of 130 decibels. The accuracy will always vary depending on the frequency recorded. Always keep in mind that the lower frequencies are up to 1.5dB while the higher ones are 5dB. Therefore, choose a model that provides maximum accuracy so that you can prevent hearing loss.
If you want to make goods steps towards your hearing health, having a decibel meter is important. Trying to prevent hearing loss is important than trying to correct it. Whether you have a hearing challenge or not, invest in one of our devices in the guide above. Their portable design will help you carry them anywhere you go.